1. We are an informal writing group formed in October 1993 and known as Wordwrights.
2. The aim is to explore all aspects of the craft of writing, to exchange information and ideas, to study markets and offer constructive feedback and mutual support.
3. The group shall meet on the first and third Thursday of each month, except August. The current venue is Titchfield Community Centre.
4. We shall endeavour to invite two speakers each year at previously arranged fees covered by group funds.
5. Visitors fees and conditions shall be decided by the Committee, currently £2.50 per meeting.
6. Active participation of all members is encouraged.
7. A Welcome Pack is to be given to each member on joining and their payment of first year or part year subscription. the pack will include general information such as a copy of the Constitution, an Assignment Schedule, Members contact list and any documents relevant at that time. Prior to joining, prospective members should be given one contact name and telephone number should they require further information.
1. A full compliment will be 12 members. This has been reduced due to the size of the room and the shorter time the group is allocated.
2. The annual subscription shall be £10 (due in November) and £2 at each meeting attended, including the AGM. For prospective members the first meeting is free. They may then attend two further meetings, paying the normal contribution of £2 per meeting.
3. Should a prospective member then express a wish to join, this is to be discussed at Committee level. the Committee should ascertain in advance of the discussion the feeling of all members as to the suitability of the applicant. Only after this process is completed should the applicant be invited to join or told regretfully they are unable to be offered a place at this time.
4. If a prospective member is invited to join, the following scale of fees for the first year will apply:
Amyone joining between November (i.e. after the AGM.) and the beginning of May will pay the full fee of £10.. Anyone joining after the beginning of May and up to the end of September will pay £6. Anyone joining after September may be 'visitors' until the AGM when the annual subscription is due.